Thursday, July 31, 2008

sweet chili shrimps

I've been neglecting my food and recipe blog for two weeks now, been so busy with loads of work online and in real life. We got numbers of parties that we attended and some personal matters to take over, thus making me unavailable to post new recipes and cooking masterpieces. Anyways, I was watching a cooking show the other day and I saw how they cook shrimps in sweet chili ketchup, I suddenly got a cravings for it so I asked the husband to drop off the wet market and buy some shrimps for dinner yesterday. Here is the recipe, that might get a chance for the famous Cook off challenge! Since the recipe is so easy to find and the other ingredients are already in ones pantry....

Recipe:

1/4 kilo Shrimps
sweet chili sauce
salt
pepper
garlic
olive oil


Procedure:
Saute the crushed garlic in olive oil then drop in the shrimps when the garlic has brown already, season with salt and pepper then put the sweet chili sauce over and stir... wait for another 2 minutes and your done! serve with steamed rice...

What I love about this dish is that you can modify it to the taste you desire, like if you wanted a bit hot and spicy, you can just drop some fresh chili or if you wanted a sweet blend, some good amount of sugar can be added. It varies to the taste you want, so try it now!

No comments: